JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility
Free recycling services are available at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility for Member Council residents:
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Compact fluorescent lights
- Electronic waste (ONLY computers, televisions, printers)
- Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D, button batteries, 6V & 9V)
- Lead acid batteries (cars and motorbikes)
- Gas cylinders (small household)
- Mobile phones
- Motor oil (up to 20 litres or 20kg - please bring in containers)
- Plastic (recycling symbols 1-7) EXCEPT POLYSTYRENE*
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
There is no requirement to pay for waste disposal to take advantage of our free domestic recycling services.
The classification of waste and the final charge (where applicable) is at the sole discretion of the weighbridge attendant.
The WMRC only accepts domestic quantities of recyclables. Recyclables are unable to be accepted from businesses or commercial sources. The WMRC has a limited capacity for receival of plastics for recycling, and on some occasions may not be able to accept plastics for recycling due to logistic constraints.
*Limited amounts of polystyrene may be accepted if logistic constraints allow. Only large, intact pieces can be accepted for recycling.
E-waste recycling supported by the WA Waste Authority
Recycling at a fee is available for separated:
- Mattresses & ensembles
Other Recycling Drop Off Locations
There are a number of free recycling drop off locations around Perth's western suburbs for batteries, fluorescent globes and tubes, mobile phones and printer cartridges - click here to find a location near you.